St John's Tower
Ayr, South Ayrshire
St John's Tower is a 15th century addition to the original 1300 Kirk of Ayr.
It was here that the Parliament and nobility of Scotland passed the crown to Robert Bruce.
The tower formed a significant part of the Ayr Citadel which was built by Oliver Cromwell to enable him to control this part of Scotland.
Cromwell was hated in Scotland almost as much as he was in Ireland, with good cause.
Looking from the south near Wellington Square with the River Ayr, Prestwick, Dundonald Hill and Troon in the distance.
Always remember that images taken by 197 aerial photography are available for clients
in a very much higher quality than the small sized compressed images which are shown
as .jpg files on this website.
Please see the quality sample page by clicking HERE or email for details.
All content is copyright © Alan Mackie - moral rights are asserted