The Tournament Bridge - Kilwinning
A few views of the restored Tournament Bridge.
The Tournament Bridge in Eglinton Park was designed around 1811 by
David Hamilton - a well-respected and successful Glasgow architect -
and was (probably) the site of the last medieval tournament held in
Great Britain, in 1839.
The bridge with the gardens and the remains of the house.
About 200 yards (183 metres) or so away are the ruins of Eglinton
Castle which can be seen here:
Looking from downstream - the north-west.
This is a listed structure and was restored in 2008-9.
From the north-east.
The bridge from the left of the previous image in a more vertical view.
From the north.
A couple of ground-level photos to show the bridge in all its splendour.
And from the south.