Old Dailly Church - Girvan, South Ayrshire
The ruined church at Old Dailly, not far inland from Girvan, Ayrshire.
The first records of this church are in 1236 and it was abandoned as a place
of worship in 1696 when the congregation moved to a new church in Dailly.
Still in use as a graveyard the church contains the family graves of the
Dalrymple-Hamiltons of Bargany.
There's also a martyr's monument constructed in 1835 in remembrance
of local Covenanters, executed in 1685 for their beliefs.
The church is alongside the B734, 2 miles (3.2 km) east of the A77 north of Girvan.