Old and New Bridges and Town - Ayr
The two bridges in the old town which are the main subjects of the poem “The
Twa Brigs” by the Scottish bard Robert Burns.
The older bridge - the second one upstream and now a footbridge - was built from 1470 to 1525
but it's thought that there might have been a bridge here as early as the time of Alexander II
who reigned from 1214-49. The present Auld Brig has been rebuilt and repaired many times,
most notably in 1588.
An older picture of the same location as the first image.
The stones on this side of the new bridge are the remains of an old railway bridge.
Wellington Square in the heart of Ayr.
The County Buildings next to the Low Green.
Ayr Sheriff Court on the west side of Wellington Square.