Eaglesham - East Renfrewshire
The cross, taken looking south.
Eaglesham was a planned village, carefully laid out and built in 1769
or so to suit the management and workers of a cotton mill owned by one
Alexander Montgomerie, 10th Earl of Eglinton.
Looking north towards Waterfoot and Glasgow.
The village became the model on which David Dale and later Robert Owen
built New Lanark in 1786, now a World Heritage Site.
The parish church again looking south and a little west.
Like many churches in the area this one is built on the site of a much older,
pre-Christian place of worship.