North Berwick Golf Club - North Berwick, East Lothian
The clubhouse of North Berwick Golf Club, East Lothian, tucked into a corner
right on the edge of the town.
This course is often used as a qualifying course for the Open Championship, when held
at Muirfield (nearby), St Andrews or Carnoustie.
St Andrews and Carnoustie are 20 and 30 miles (32 to 43 km) away respectively, to the north.
(But a lot further by road - 85 (136 km) miles and 100 miles (160 km) respectively.)
The club has a long history dating back to 1832 and has produced many
champion golfers over the years.
The well hidden pro shop and starter's hut set in the dunes.
Looking towards the clubhouse from over the beach, this view shows the 18th green,
the first tee and putting practice area and, hidden deep in the dunes, the roof of
the highly-rated golf professional's shop.
The wider view showing part of the town and of course Berwick Law, the hill which
dominates this part of the East Lothian coast.