Loudoun Gowf Club
by Galston, East Ayrshire
This is Scotland’s only “gowf” club, all the rest use the modern word golf
rather than the old Scots name for the sport.
The club is located just to the east of Galston in Ayrshire on the A71 and was opened in 1909.
All of these photographs were taken in the early afternoon and looking north.
A panorama showing the clubhouse in the centre of the course.
These images were taken in early April after a hard winter so the course is not
in the best condition, trees are bare, etc.
On the other hand, if they had been taken in summer the trees would obscure
This final shot shows the course surroundings. On the right
horizon are a few of the wind turbines of the Whitelee wind farm, near to
Eaglesham and south of Glasgow.